Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A jumble of camera equipment....
I'm happiest when I'm shooting.
When I started this photography trip to Wyoming, I had a vague idea of going to Jackson Hole to photograph the Grand Tetons. The rest was up in the air. I had no plans on where to go and what to shoot. So I reserved two hotel rooms: one in Cheyenne, Wyoming and one in Jackson Hole.

The picture to the left is of one of the four Little America Hotels owned by Robert Holding. This hotel is in Cheyenne and harks back to the 1960's in design and customer service. Holding, also owner of Sinclair Oil, died several years ago with an estimated worth of about $3 billion dollars. I might add that the hotel was a pleasure to visit and the restaurant was wonderful. Also nice...the hotel was immediately next to the I-80 on-ramp west to my destination.

At the top you can see a photo of  me and one of my cameras taken on the bank of the Snake River immediately east of the Teton Mountains--seen in the background. As I drove around each day, I would dive in and out of my truck to grab cameras, tripods, lenses and filters. At the end of each day my trunk would look like a disorganized jumble of expensive junk. Pictured above are the contents of my Honda Civic's trunk the end of one of my photo safaris. I'd pack everything up, drive back to the hotel and begin to organize and edit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment